Initially, there was only a photo set, but we thought it would be helpful to do a video too...which is why there's an outfit and hair color change! These are the drugstore products we recommend:
- Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin - $12.99
- Maybelline Fit Me! Powder - $7.99
- NYX Blush in Dusty Rose - $5.99
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - $5.99
- Wet N Wild Eyeliner in White - $1.49
- Loreal Paris Lineur Intense Brush Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Black - $8.99
- Rimmel London Last Finish by Kate Moss in Color 1 - $4.74
- Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara in Very Black - $6.99
I applied the powder + foundation before the first photo but other than that, each photo depicts my application of whatever I'm holding in the adjoining photo. And of course we know it's a bit harder to get that "Dita" feel without her signature black hair and perfect pincurls, but we're going to give it a shot!
(1) Apply your foundation and powder as per your norm. Dita is a pressed powder lover, so if you're blessed amazing skin you can skip the foundation.
***At this point, I (June) would use a brown duo and apply the lighter color across my entire lid and apply the darker color to the crease. Amelia doesn't wear eyeshadow in her version of the look, but I do, this is another one of those personal preference things.
(4) Take your white eyeliner and apply it EXACTLY where you normally apply your black/dark eyeliner across your eyelid, right at the lash line. Applying white eyeliner before the black will help you black eyeliner "pop".
- What you want to do is use the fine point of the liquid liner to start at the inner corner of your eye and trace along your lash line. This can be done in short strokes or one long stroke.
- Draw a line starting at your last lash and use the end of your eyebrow as your "guide" for an end point, the angle is a personal preference.
- Draw a line back to your upper lash line, which will create an empty triangle, depending on how dramatic you want your cateyes, this line can end at the center of your eyelid for a more dramatic look (because it will thicken the eyeliner on the end half of your eyelid) or at the corner of your eye for a less dramatic look.
- Color in your triangle!
(7) Finishing touches: Apply your lipstick!