Pink Flowers + Dita Dress

Wednesday, April 1, 2015


Say hello to the Dita Dress.  As beautiful as it's namesake (I assume that burlesque queen Dita Von Teese is it's namesake), when I saw this dress I immediately fell in lust.  It looks ivory but I was surprised to find that it's actually pearlescent and all of the floral + butterfly details are velvet-y.  Over the ribs, the dress has little button details and a fun ruffle starts at the top of the waist and trails down to the bottom of your hip.  This is another one of those dresses that's WAY outside my comfort zone because of the bustline but... why the hell not?!  Also, I don't wear jewelry often so lower bustline dresses give me the chance to break out my favorite Cherry Necklace.

This was the first day I REALLY noticed a huge weather shift that seemed like it might stick around.  I was so excited!  I spent the morning drinking coffee, cleaned out my car a bit (and bought her a dashboard hula dancer) and then stopped downtown to visit the Nashville Tatyana Boutique. I wish I'd been able to do more over the weekend, but that is literally it. Friday, Saturday, Sunday... same answer, study group.


Also, in case you guys were curious, you know:



Dita Dress c/o Voodoo Vixen  |  Cherry Necklace - OASAP
Persia Heels c/o Miss L Fire  |  Keiko Glasses - Bonlook


What is your favorite article of clothing outside your comfort zone?
Also, who has "car flair"?! What is it? 

10 comments:

  1. I am envious of those blossoms! I am hoping to see some around Boston soon! Fingers crossed! We're getting there...slowly. I also love dressing up my car!! Why not decorate the dash a bit? It's my baby! I have a little Marcel the Shell that I created on my dash along with some pins on the visor, etc. Shaleen looks like she is having so much fun!


    SaraLily
    In a Nutshell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I may just have to come there to bask in the cherry blossoms.

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning, June! That dress really suits you. Oh, my, those cherry blossoms are quite spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite set of photos of you ever. That dress is STUNNING, As are you! I'm also feeling like I need to go and find a load of cherry blossoms and take some blog pictures too, haha
    Hope you're having a great easter week,
    Bethany x


    bethanygraceo.blogspot.dk


    Do pop over to my blog, if you fancy of course, and tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous on you! How is the fit? I notice that usually voodoo vixen's dresses are stretchy and I usually wear a small. Do you recommend sizing up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously gorgeous! I love how the sweetness of the print is tempered by the chic, if not downright alluring, combination of black and white.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Loving the neckline indeed - really lengthen ones neck and just seductive!! I adore the cherry blossoms! Okay they might not be cherry blossoms but sure look like one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is just darling on you! Love it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dress, it's so stunning on you. The blossom is so petty too.

    Emma Xx

    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete