Connie + Dolly P.

Saturday, April 11, 2015


This is another one of those wonderful days spent at my grandma's house!  This was after Easter lunch and the cows were in the other field so I took a little walk through the field for a while.  I can't believe the humidity has already started down here, the weather is amazing but the air is SO HEAVY.  That's the South for you, I suppose.  I had curly hair when the day began!

I've been eying (sorry, couldn't help myself) the Connie Dress for a while and was stoked when it arrived at my front door!  I had no idea it had pockets, but y'all know how important that is to us, so... that was an instant check in the plus column for me!  I've been changing up my glasses a lot lately since I promised myself I'd start rotating through my collection more.  I thought this dress was the perfect excuse to break out my Kate Spade Lyssa Glasses on the blog for the first time! 

Connie Dress c/o Voodoo Vixen  |  Ione Heels in Black - BAIT Footwear


I leave for a work conference tomorrow so I've been spending as much time as possible outside enjoying our warm weather.  Hopefully, I don't go crazy being stuck inside under florescent lights all week.  This railroad track goes over the canal in Augusta, and I've always thought it was such a pleasant sight to see....even if it's illegal to walk on.  Don't worry--I've never had a 'Stand By Me' moment, either. 

Luckily, this conference is more on the casual side so I'm actually packing this Dolly P Dress from Voodoo Vixen to wear one day.  This dress isn't a newer Voodoo Vixen dress, but it's always been one that I love.  The details in the dress area really what make it.  The cute collar, amazing pockets and detailed buttons really put it over the top.  Not to mention, the orange in the dress perfectly pairs with this vintage brooch that my mom gave to me.

Dolly P Dress c/o Voodoo Vixen | Nana Heels - BAIT Footwear
Va Va Voluminous Petticoat - Modcloth | Butterfly & Flower Brooch - Vintage 

What is your favorite warm weather outfit? 

11 comments:

  1. I don't feel at all ready for the warm weather to hit the UK- I don't know how I'm going to let go of my layers.
    You both look awesome- what I love about voodoo vixen dresses the most is there pockets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look fabulous, darlings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you two are just the cutest things ever! The neckline on that first dress is wicked sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Dolly P dress too!! :) I love it as well! :) You two look darling as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had loved the dress for a long time, but when I saw it on you I knew I had to have it! You looked STUNNING in it.


    Thank you so much, Nora!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Voodoo Vixen is really amazing at creating amazing necklines!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree--Voodoo Vixen is amazing for including pockets!


    Maybe you'll be able to incorporate layers into your warm weather style <33


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous dresses there ladies! Gosh that humidity sounds awful, I am so unhappy when my hair's curly!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful looks, ladies. I've been carrying over red and black a lot in this spring, too. It's my usual go-to for winter, but while I'm happy to wave bye-bye to that icy season, I don't want to part with the combo yet and see no reason why one has to just because the daffodils are out again at long last.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Nathalie VintageApril 14, 2015 at 4:41 PM

    You both look fantastic. Perfect outfits for the up coming Nashville Boogie :)

    ReplyDelete