Friday Favorites #48

Friday, April 3, 2015

Happy Friday!  It's been a couple weeks since our last Friday Favorites post (past posts here) but I always have a lot of fun putting them together and sharing things I find with y'all! 


God help us all, the first 3 pieces of Pinup Girl Clothing's Mary Blair Collection were released this week.  The Train Border Print Skirt is one of my favorites!  It was hard for me not to order the skirt as SOON as I saw it on the site, but I'm waiting so I can place one big order and then open the box and cry all over all of it... Also, how cute is Heart of Haute's new Cherry Dot Aqua collection + y'all should go take a look at the back of that blue gingham As Potluck Would Have It Dress... it's adorable and would be great for summer!


I broke a pair our in this post, but I've been hoarding vintage cowboy boots for about 7 years now and these are a few of my favorite pairs.  When I moved to Nashville, I sort of stashed them away because I work downtown and every tourist leaves Broadway with a pair of cowboy boots + a cowboy hat.. it just feels sort of awkward to wear them. haha.  BUT, I pulled them back out recently and I've been wearing them with some of my shorter sundresses.  So much fun!


I don't know many things that are more amazing than Dita Von Teese in her beautiful Vivienne Westwood Toile Dress + cateye sunglasses picking lemons... seriously.  Also, I wish I lived somewhere where citrus trees would grow in my yard with ease.


I've really been loving the Cath Kidston bags that have been on ASOS' website lately.  I especially love that patchwork one that also looks like honeycomb!

Photo Credit: Angelo Pennetta/ Vogue Magazine
The cozy + lovely home of Florence Welch of Florence + The Machines as seen in the Rock the Casa section of Vogue.  I love all the mustard yellow, patterns + teal walls.  Collin + I never painted when we purchased our home and all the rooms are a very neutral color, things like this make me want to grab a brush!



I think a lot of people have seen this video by now, but it's entrancing!

What are your favorite things this Friday?



15 comments:

  1. I just saw the Mary Blairs in my email. They are just ugh so pretty! My step sister has a citrus tree in her yard that was there when they bought the house. Every once in a while we will juice the fruits and call it "citrus drink" because we have no idea what the fruit is! It seems like a cross between a lemon and a grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many different visions of what I want my life to be and ya'lls blog paired with my love of the show Hart of Dixie makes me want to move back to the south and buy a house (and be like Dita von Teese picking lemons and wear boots with vintage). I also imagine opening a vintage sock hop kind of store in the storefront of my Brooklyn building. I can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie HuddlestonApril 3, 2015 at 3:05 PM

    The train print is my favorite too! But I really can't wait for the new Stephanie Buscema Alice in wonderland stuff!! Also, I'm all about that turquoise!! I love bright paint colors!! And I love to paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh! The Cherry Dot Aqua collection! I want it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie Wanda EspyApril 3, 2015 at 6:59 PM

    PUG is seriously killing me slowly with how the Mary Blair collection is coming out. I want to order everything at once, like you, but each time a new piece comes out, I'm dying! Just take my money!!
    So, when I bought my house, I painted every room a crazy color, because I'd been renting for SO long, but eventually I got sick of it and now I'm going back to lighter colored neutrals. The good thing about paint is that you can always paint over it! And as soon as I bought my house, I planted a dwarf lemon tree and this is the first year that we've had HUGE lemons. So, maybe I'll be like Dita, only I'll be picking lemons off this 2-foot high tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good post! I want it all!!

    Emma Xx

    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I literally could not stop looking at the Mary Blair section on PUG to see what else was being released!! I'm also waiting for a few more items that are on my wish list so I can place one big order. Saves on the custom charge! Hehe! ;)

    Whats your favourite piece from the collection aside from the train jenny skirt? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know! I can't decide which print I want the most, because I want them all! I love the train and the commuter prints, but also the parasol and the roses. That sounds so fantastic! 'Citrus Drink' sounds so good especially if it tastes like lemon/grapefruit juice!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a tough decision! I know I can never move out of the South. It's just too much of who I am as a person, and I love all of it's quirks. I'm sure you'll be wonderful, which ever route you go.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to be so hard budgeting between the Mary Blair and new Alice pieces! I love the Queen of Hearts Lydia dress so much. That's such a lovely color. Bright walls are so much fun and I love how much they dress the room up.


    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cherry dot print is so lovely. It's such a good print for Spring and Summer!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thinking the same thing! I want to just have one massive order, but they are already selling out in my size. It's so sad.


    We rent, but are lucky enough that we can paint the walls. So my kitchen is blue and yellow, my living room is a mustard green and one bedroom is light blue. The white rooms in the house look so dull in comparison, but I actually like it. haha


    I'm so jealous!! I would love to have fresh citrus like that in my backyard.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same! I just want it all to be released now so I can make one giant order. I totally forget that y'all get custom's fees. Ugh hopefully everything else will be released soon!


    Amanda and I are both LOVING the commuter dress. Something about that print and color is just amazing. What about you? I think all of the lilacs and pinks in the collection would look so good on you.
    xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amelia, i am just curious about how you did find this Dita set of gif pictures, is it from a video? Is there any website where i can watch it? Many thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete