Miss Candyfloss + Flowering Fields

Wednesday, April 15, 2015


The place where I snapped my photos this time is actually a vegetable garden during "garden season".  I love that during the off seasons, every time I stop through, something different has sprouted up.  This is actually where I snapped the photos for this post, and it's so crazy how much it's changed in just a few weeks.  Also, random, but when did my hair get so long?! It totally snuck up on me looking at these photos and with hot weather approaching I may chop off a few inches for my own sanity.

I love shirt dresses, they're one of my favorite styles of dress because they have such a wonderful silhouette and they're such a classic mid-century staple wardrobe piece.   When I saw the Dorit-Sue Shirt Dress, I immediately fell in love because it's a perfect recreation of the style with a really fun modern twist.  I love the oversize collar, big buttons and wide belt.  Usually, wide belts look a little awkward on me because of my short torso, but I really liked this one.  I chose this adorable floral for my shirt dress (that is sort of reminiscent of awesome vintage sheets) but the whole collection of shirt dresses are swoon-worthy, especially this one that looks like a vintage candystriper uniform.

Dorit-Sue 50's Shirt Dress c/o Miss Candyfloss  |  Va Va Voluminous Petticoat - Modcloth
Large Single Daffodil in Pink c/o NicCoCoCreations  |  Keiko Glasses - Bonlook
The Frankie Pump in Gold Glitter - Madewell 1937 (similar)

// My favorite flower is sunflowers, hence the semi-regrettable decision almost 10 years ago to get black + white sunflowers tattooed on my left arm... which everyone thinks are daisies. haha.


What's your favorite flower?

7 comments:

  1. These photos are gooooorgeous, and you look beautiful in this dress! I really need to start scouting out new locations for photos...


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Hard to believe it's the same place as the previous post! This dress is adorable, I am loving that collar. I looove flowers and florals (as I'm sure I've expressed before haha) every year I grow a small lot of sunflowers and day lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the collar on that dress! Right now my favourite flower is Apple Blossoms, because my house is surrounded by old Apple trees in flower. This summer I am planting a big flower garden for natural dyeing- I've never really grown flowers, so I am pretty excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and that dress is gorgeous, got to love a beautiful floral print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How would you say the petticoat from modcloth holds up shape wise? My hell bunny one has somewhat lost shape and I'm in the market for a new one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silver Cat Tea PartyApril 26, 2015 at 11:16 AM

    Beautiful dress! Looks so great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the most gorgeous smile and so's the dress <3


    Sarah - Lipstick & Dresses

    ReplyDelete