Our Weekend with Team PUG

Monday, April 20, 2015

BTS shot from the Pinup Girl Clothing Instagram

We've been hinting at a pretty big secret for a couple of weeks now and we're SO excited about finally being able to share it with y'all!  This weekend, the Pinup Girl Clothing team arrived in Nashville to shoot us for a collection that Laura Byrnes designed with us in mind.  This experience was a dream come true for us and the collection (which will include some petite-friendly styles) + accompanying Lookbook will launch in June!  The rest is hush hush for now.  We were lucky enough to get to go to dinner with the ladies after the shoot and we had so much fun!  We broke out some of our favorite vintage (pictured above). 


Maria Dress - Pinup Girl Clothing  |  Va Va Voluminous Petticoat - Modcloth
Ida's in Sky Blue - Bait Footwear  |   Lemon Slice Purse - Target

We woke up Sunday morning for breakfast with the ladies at one of my favorite local spots that Micheline suggested, Loveless Cafe.  This weekend was a blur.  I've never been so nervous, changed so many times and been so excited for so many different reasons all at once!  It was nice to have the luxury of sitting down and getting to know everyone a little better!  We talked about Disney, Harry Potter, Doctor Who and all sorts of things while eating biscuits with blackberry jam and passing around a family style breakfast; and it was wonderful.  I broke out my Maria Dress for the first time and I'm glad  saved it for a special occasion.  This is truly a team of inspirational ladies and you can see how hard they work to give those of us that love their company the best experience.  I can't wait for y'all to see everything in the collection and for us to be able to share more + more with you! EEEEP.

Jenny Skirt in Neverland Print - Pinup Girl Clothing | Seafarer Brooch c/o Erstwilder | Top - Similar 
 Va Va Voluminous Petticoat - Modcloth | Hansel's in Black - Bait Footwear | Hair Scarf - Hey Viv!

The weekend went by SO quick, but words will never really be able to express how fantastic it was getting to spend time with my best friend and some very inspirational ladies.  It really was all a blur...a fantastic blur that included motivating conversations, all the fried food and lovely dresses! When I packed for this trip all that I packed was Pinup Girl Clothing...for obvious reasons.  My suitcase seriously contained about 6 Jenny skirts so it was hard settling on one to wear for breakfast, but I opted for my first PUG purchase, the Neverland Jenny Skirt.  Also, y'all know I love my full bangs, but Micheline suggested that I wear side bangs and I'm really digging the 60s vibe they give me!  I wish we could share more with y'all, but where is the fun in that? ;) 


Have you ever been to Loveless Cafe?
What's the most exciting surprise you've experienced?!

42 comments:

  1. Thats amazing!! So happy for you ladies :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what an incredible opportunity for you ladies. You both look absolutely stunning too, so well deserved <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations lovelies!
    (Also, the Neverland Jenny is going to be my first PUG purchase - though I've only been styling it with totally plain shirts, so seeing it with the stripes has given me plenty of new ideas! Total pirate vibe!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING! I am so happy for you ladies, I'm sure it has been a surreal experience and I am very excited to see what else you have to share with us! A petite collection sounds right up my alley! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so exciting!!! I'll be (not so patiently) waiting for the lookbook to be released!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so exciting!! So happy for you both! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done girls! What an amazing experience. Best wishes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, dresses from new collection are amazing!!! I can imagine how happy and excited you are, I would be the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a dream come true! Can't wait to see the new goodies available.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for you guys and I'm excited to see the new collection!! I feel like PUG has been featuring so many of the fashionistas I follow on Instagram. It's lovely to see you ladies get recognized!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can not wait for June to come to see what's in store. I will start saving now, because I already know that I am going to want everything from this line :) can't wait 💗

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaah. I had a hunch. I don't know why... and then when Micheline said she was going to Nashville, I KNEW! And it couldn't have happened to two nicer people or more deserving fans. I love your blog, your authenticity, and your genuine personalities. I'm almost totally broke from the Mary Blair collection, so I'd better get a second job before June!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am soooo jealous. Amazing. AH-MA-ZING. Well done girliessss!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaah, can't wait for the collection to launch! It's so sad that the shipping costs to Finland are horrid though, better get saving up already... xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! This is so exciting!! What an honor! I can't wait to see the lookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited about this new adventure! Also more excited about the petite friendly styles! Woo! I have never ordered a pin up girl piece but may just have to pick up something from your collection!!! I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super excited for you gals!!! Cant wait to see your look books!-Fairfawn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope at DisneylandApril 22, 2015 at 6:44 PM

    As a fellow shortie, I'm super excited about a petite friendly line from PUG! If that first image was a sneak peek of what's to come, then I'm already in love. I'm all about the peter pan collars. *swoon* You know what's funny? I found your blog a year ago and caught up and have been following you ever since not knowing that you two were "famous" until I signed up for my own IG account and started seeing you guys everywhere. LOL Then I started to follow you two on IG and again was still surprised to realize just HOW famous you were. I think it's so amazing and I'm glad that even with all of your success that you're still normal, humble and adorable. :) Well deserved ladies! Congratulations! <3
    I'm too excited about your news to even think of something exciting that has happened to me. I know lots of cool things have happened, but I can't seem to remember something that's this level of awesomeness. haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Y'all stop. Too much cuteness! Congrats on the shoot and collection. It looks like you had a blast! And, I tried to go to Loveless for the first time a while back but it was completely packed so we left. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much, Sarah!


    It's been a crazy, unreal time!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you, darling!


    It's such a good purchase! I seriously am so happy that I own it. Right!? I felt like Smee! I love being a little pirate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. We think everyone will be excited! I can't wait for you to see it and hopefully can find some petite options that you'll like!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you, Ashley!


    We are so thrilled to be able to share everything with y'all.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are holding our breath until June--so excited!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you, Kristina! We are SO excited.


    xxox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so so much, Julia!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  27. We were so thrilled! It's truly our dream come true.


    Thank you!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  28. It really was! We never imagined this would happen.


    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you, Elise! They really have been working with some fantastic ladies. I love seeing so many familiar faces in PUG.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm so excited for everyone to see the collection! It's so exciting, and we think everyone will be thrilled.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  31. Towards the end the clues were getting a little more obvious ;) We were wondering if people would guess what was going on. Thank you so much for the kind words. It really means so much to us to hear kind words from our readers. This is such a sweet comment, and it's making my little heart so warm. Thank you for everything. Thank you for being so kind. <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi lovely Nora!


    We are TOO excited. I cannot wait for you to see everything.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  33. We are so excited for it to launch, too!


    Oh no ;/ I'm so sorry I know that has to be awful.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you! We are thrilled, and cannot wait for you to see the lookbook. We hope everyone loves it.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you so much Kimmie! We are so excited for all the petite gals to be able to rock some amazing new PUG styles, too! We hope that you'll get your first piece from our collection--that would be amazing!!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you!


    We are excited for everything to be released :)


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Hope!
    I know that is one thing June is super excited about, too. Being so little she knows it's not always easy to find flattering lengths so we hope this collection will offer some options to tiny ladies like yourself.


    Those collars *heart eyes* When we saw them we were absolutely in love. I cannot get over how beautiful they are. You're too silly :) We are so lucky to have so many amazing people like you read our blog and encourage us to keep doing what we love. Thank you so much for the sweet words--it TRULY means SO much to us.


    I hope you love what's to come from our collection, and again, thank you for being the sweetest!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amy you're too cute ;)


    Thank you so much! It was SOOO much fun. Loveless was delicious, but totally packed when we were there..but we decided that we had already gone that far so we should stay. ha
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  39. Keely Jayne NoonanMay 15, 2015 at 3:53 AM

    Oooh Katie were did you get your hairscarf?? I haven't come across any baby pinks or blues!

    ReplyDelete