Sun Jellies Bag Swag

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

We're SO happy to have some of our favorite Guest Peaches on the blog today; Sammi from The Soubrette Brunette and Ashley from Southern (California) Belle.  We have a little Facebook group message we all talk in every day so when we had the chance to collaborate with our two best online gal pals, we had to take it.  There was only one rule: start with a Sunjellies bag, decorate it + have fun.  This is what we came up with:


One of the best things about living in Georgia is that I am in such close proximity to multiple water sources.  I've always loved being able to take day trips to the river to cool off.  This Betty Tote gifted by Sun Jellies is a great everyday tote, but I absolutely love using it as a 'beach' bag.  It's a pretty big bag so it just seemed natural to decorate it!  I had a lot of different ideas of how I wanted to decorate it, but I thought that a underwater theme would work great and it matched my new vintage playsuit.  So after painting and adding copious amounts of glitter to a starfish and some shells I had some new bag swag.


It's definitely not picnic weather in Upstate New York quite yet, but I think this Sun Jellies Alice Tote would be ideal for it, once it warms up.  Luckily, it was nice enough to sit outside and read a book, so I brought along my Kindle and a pair of sunglasses in my bag for the afternoon. I opted to decorate it with some simple wire-stem roses from the craft store, which perfectly complemented one of my favorite vintage dresses. Flowers are just starting to bloom here, so I decided to hurry spring along with this outfit!


I absolutely LOVE pastel yellow so I'm smitten with my Jane Tote (this bag is the perfect size to hold all the stuff from my normal purse AND a book).  I embraced my inner mid-60's mod lady, grabbed the nearest shift dress from my closet and tried to think about what would be a good option for a little something extra for my bag.  I had no idea; my original choice was going to be to tie a squeaky toy alligator to the bag but, after wandering around the craft store for a while, I knew I had to go with ric rac!  I think it ended up being the perfect amount of pizazz. 

Bernie Dexter Paris Pinup dress in Fox print 003
Bernie Dexter Paris Pinup dress in Fox print 034
Bernie Dexter Paris Pinup dress in Fox print 012

I had so much fun decorating this Charlotte Jelly bag!  I actually took some inspiration from the lovely June and Amelia and went for peach colored accents.  I could have gone a lot crazier with the pearls, but ultimately decided less is more and let the bag shine through.  Luckily I had the perfect orange fox printed dress to compliment the bag.  I'd consider it a match made in heaven!


// Details: Katie's playsuit, my shift dress and Sammi's floral dress are all vintage and Ashley's Fox Dress was purchased from Crush Knoxville and is made by Bernie Dexter.

Which color would you choose?
What would you do with your Sunjellies bag?

23 comments:

  1. I really like the floral details, especially on the pink, but I'm not always into clear bags. It would be nice for the beach though. Your outfits are totally covetable. Amelia's beach look is so cute and I would wear every one of ya'lls dresses, love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO FUN! Love seeing all these lovely ladies in one spot! Great work, gals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea, I would never have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie HuddlestonApril 8, 2015 at 1:08 PM

    All of your bags turned out super cute!! I've got a straw bag that I'm going to be decorating soon, so this is perfect timing!! And hooray for the Crush Knoxville shout out!! I buy most of my clothes from them!! You know, got to shop local if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendidly fun team up post. You are all so inspiringly stylish and cute as a million buttons.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is such a brilliant post! I love it! All your bags and outfits are amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone looks so precious! I love how all the bags are different and reflect each girl's style, but I think the pink might be my favorite just for the color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I'm a little behind in the fashion world... I have never seen a jelly bag before! It looks super cute :D

    I can't believe there is a fox print dress. So amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hannah @TheBraidedBanditApril 9, 2015 at 12:18 PM

    These bags are adorable, as are all of you gals!
    Have a great day!
    xo Hannah

    The Braided Bandit BLOG
    The Braided Bandit SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the bags are so cool. But why wasn't invited? My mini pink jelly bag (with added blue silk scarf round the handle) would have fitted in perfectly ha ha ha.
    Seriously though this puts my bag diy to shame- I need to find some glitter ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha next time for sure ;) I love adding decoration, and I bet your bag looks fabulous!




    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're too sweet, Hannah.


    Thank you so much!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're a major retro throwback, but i'm SO happy they are gaining popularity again. They're super convenient to use as an every day tote or for special days like beach trips!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Miranda! I agree--we didn't tell each other what we would be wearing/how we would be styling them so it was great to see everyone's end result. I LOVE the pink one too!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're always the sweetest, Jessica.


    Thank you so much! We love when we get to work with our friends on fun projects.


    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh I bet that'll be lovely! Post a picture of your straw bag so we can see it when it's done. That is awesome. We love being able to support small businesses even if they are geographically local for us.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! We had too much fun decorating!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww thank you! We did have a blast decorating and even more fun seeing what everyone else did.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love using the totes for beach trips and also for grocery stores that don't have plastic bags! I totally understand not liking them for every day us. Thank you---I am in LOVE with that playsuit.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Right!? How can you pick just one! I think I want the larger pink tote so I can pair it with all of my white/pink vintage dresses. That would be so lovely!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the bag decoration ideas ~ a super neat way to do a collaboration. :) My favorite would probably be pearls & flower combo, or the ric-rac. Both are very cute ways to add a little pizzazz to your purse! ❤

    xox,

    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  22. Miss Nathalie VintageApril 14, 2015 at 4:50 PM

    I remember owning one of these bags back in the late 1980s. I used it for my school stuff but sadly the bag broke and the handles made my hand hurt trying to carry all of my heavy things around. Its nice to see these bags again.

    ReplyDelete