Whole Lotta Fun

Sunday, April 5, 2015


For the first time in weeks, Collin + I had a Saturday off together so we woke up early and impulsively hopped in the car for a day trip to nearby Bowling Green.  It's not the most exciting place you could go, but it was something different and we always make it fun!  We went to some record stores, a flea market and a couple antique stores and stopped into a local coffee shop.  Collin had to work Easter morning, so it was nice to get to spend some time with him before he got sucked back into "the kitchen."

I was excited to wear my new Peep Toe Clogs for the first time because I love the apple green.  They were INCREDIBLY comfortable and something a little different than what I usually wear.  The quality is also amazing, I may snag myself a pair of the taller Matilda's in Flag Blue.  I've been trying out more 40's silhouettes lately and have found myself in-love with so many of the Trashy Diva prints I chose not to buy because I was scared of that particular silhouette.  I purchased this Trashy Diva 40's Skirt in Red Waterlilies off the Desperately Seeking Facebook Group and thought it was the perfect match for my new shoes. 

Mahjong Tile Brooch - Gift from Rebecca from The Plaid Thermos  |  Bakelite Bracelets - Vintage


Augusta is in full bloom and Spring has really upped it's game for the upcoming Masters Golf Tournament.  We always joke that this is the one time a year that Augusta is pretty, because most everyone puts so much effort into making it beautiful.  Michael and I took full advantage of this, and decided to get our cardio around town instead of at the gym.  Then we spent the next day eating our weight in Reese's eggs and macaroni and cheese....so all that cardio went out the window.

This is one of my all time favorite vintage purchases, but unfortunately the skirt is getting worn down so I don't wear it too often.  I love all of the warm tones, and it's really just a perfect set for all seasons!  It went so well with the Peep Toe Clogs from Lotta From Stockholm.  They are such a great, basic peep toe shoe that realistically they'll match most everything in my Spring wardrobe!  I really love how comfy they are, and that they are so well made.  I've always stayed away from peep top shoes or sandals, but I'm really wondering why now!  I'm already looking at the other styles they offer, and I keep getting heart eyes for the Betty's in pale pink

Red & Orange Plaid Set - Vintage | Yellow Double Roses c/o Deviously Sweet

Do you own any clogs from Lotta from Stockholm?
If so, post pictures! 

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfits, ladies! I love a great punchy pop of red for spring (though, to be fair, I do wear red all year round, but it can certainly mean different things to different seasons), as it suits the return of sunshine and ruby hued blooms so well.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ma jong tile brooch is ADORABLE and Katie's vintage dress is one of my favorites of hers. I really want to try these shoooooes.

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking cute both of you, as always! I am loving the clogs too but have you ever heard of Swedish Hasbeens? They look a LOT like them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, sweet lady! And yes we have, I'd say Lotta is definitely one of their competitors and they've been around for about the same length of time. I will say, I own both and they're both AMAZING but Lotta is a lot more affordable for the clog loving lady on a budget. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIGHT?! The best surprise gift ever! And I've been wanting to steal this set from her for years ; )


    You totally need a pair, so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So weird I had never heard of them! Hasbeens is pretty expensive compared to them as you said, so I will definitely be checking Lotta out more when the weather gets warmer here in Finland :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing outfits as usual, though I just adore the plaid set. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't yet own any Swedish clogs because I got told they blister your feet to shreds. But after reading your review you kinda swaying me to try some out :)

    Sounds like you've both had a fantastic Easter Weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will definitely be checking out Lotta! Very cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect skirt and so beautiful vintage dress! I write you from Spain and i love your blog! Kisssssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect skirt and so beautiful vintage dress! I write you from Spain and i love your blog! Kisssssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Elena! We are so happy that you love our blog. :)


    Thank you so much <3


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are so nice and perfect for warm Spring nights!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's what I had always heard too, but I've worn these A LOT so far and no blisters! They also are super comfortable super comfortable!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much! It's one of my absolute favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wear red all year too, and I totally feel like it just 'feels' different each season! Winter red is Christmas and Holly, Fall red is leaves, and Spring and Summer red is my all time favorite: flowers in bloom, sunburn and warmth!


    xox

    ReplyDelete